Here are the April/2019 MLS single-family statistics for Austin, TX:
April produced some very interesting numbers for our Austin home sales market:
- The number of listings increased slightly over Apr/2018 by only 63 homes (+1%) but much better than our YTD avg of +10%;
- Pendings went up by 8%, very close to our 9% YTD average. Pendings are the future-indicator of a real estate market since they are homes that have contracts but not yet closed. The Activity Index, a market “hotness” indicator uses Pendings, too, in this formula: Pendings/(Listings + Pendings). This has been our most consistently positive category this year;
- Sales shot up by 16% which is double our YTD avg of 8% and our highest monthly increase (for any month) since Sep/2013;
- Inventory (the # of months it would take to sell all homes currently on the market at the current sales rate) dropped significantly by 13% compared to our 3% increase YTD;
- Median home prices (midpoint of all homes…half are above this figure and half are below it) rose slightly by 1% vs. our 2% YTD avg;
- Average home prices, however, dropped by 2% vs. our 1% increase YTD;
- Days on market went down by 1 day (-2%) while we’ve averaged 6% increase YTD;
- Our Activity Index rose by 4% vs. our -1.0% decrease YTD.
Contact the Thomas & Kauffman Team today if you would like to buy or sell a home in the Austin metro area – (512) 730-1252 or info@AustinTxHomeSales.com.
#Real Estate #AustinHomes #Thomas&KauffmanTeam #MoveToAustin #Relocate #RelocateToAustin #AustinHomeBuyers #AustinHomeSellers #AustinJobs #FirstTimeHomeBuyer